[EMBOSS] Compilation errors on Intel Mac in ajindex.c

Dale Richardson dalesan at lamar.colostate.edu
Tue Apr 18 23:53:03 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I am trying to install EMBOSS 3.0 on my MacBook Pro.  Interestingly,
I have come across an error that I haven't been able to resolve via
googling.

When running make, the following error is encountered:

ajindex.c: In function 'ajBtreeCacheNewC':
ajindex.c:200: error: storage size of 'buf' isn't known
ajindex.c: In function 'ajBtreeSecCacheNewC':
ajindex.c:8234: error: storage size of 'buf' isn't known
make[1]: *** [ajindex.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Is there a way around this?  I've applied the fixes available from
the fixes directory at ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/ and
tried to reconfigure and recompile but to no avail.

Insights and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale Richardson
Colorado State University
dalesan at lamar.colostate.edu