[EMBOSS] Embossdata -reject option - Checked by AntiVir DEMO versio

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Wed Apr 12 14:02:09 UTC 2006

Hi Guy !

> You can look in the file  .../share/EMBOSS/acd/embossdata.acd :
>
>   selection: reject  [
>     default: "3, 5, 6"
>     minimum: "1"
>     maximum: "6"
>     values: "None, AAINDEX, CVS, CODONS, PRINTS, PROSITE, REBASE"
>     delimiter: ","
>     header: "Directories to ignore"
>     information: "Select directories"
>     help: "This specifies the names of the sub-directories of the
>            EMBOSS data directory that should be ignored when
> displaying data
>            directories."
>     button: "Y"
>   ]
>
> So, by default CVS, PRINTS and PROSITE are rejected.

Yes, that makes sense now !

> This does not work, there is no way to reject the files in
> the base data directory. The best you can do is to add on the
> command line
> -reject=2,3,5,6,7 or -reject=
> AAINDEX,CVS,PRINTS,PROSITE,REBASE What you can do however is :
> ls $EMBOSS_DATA/CODONS

Yeah, that is of course the most obvious ;-) Thing is that I wanted to
do it in an emboss-only way so that it would be possible to run the
emboss command via a soaplab service. The latter should provide a means
to dynamically fetch a list of codon usage tables. More or less like
showdb is doing.

> 	Hope this helps,
Yes it did. Thanks !
Regards,