[EMBOSS] fink installation

Thomas J Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Mon Sep 26 16:43:59 UTC 2005

Greetings,
It's been awhile since I've used emboss. I had installed it using
Fink on my Apple G4 running OS 10.3.
$ fink apropos emboss
Information about 138 packages read in 1 seconds.
i   emboss            2.9.0-3       Molecular Biology Open Software
Suite
i   emboss-shlibs     2.9.0-3       Molecular Biology Open Software
Suite

I recently upgraded my OS from 10..3 to 10.4. So I'm currently
running 10.4.2.
This seems to have broken Emboss.
Now I got the following message:

$ tfm tfm
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
   Referenced from: /sw/bin/tfm
   Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I'm surprised to see /sw/bin/tfm would reference a lib file in /usr/
local/lib and fink does not seem to have the libfreetype library.

What am I missing?

Thanks