[EMBOSS] Seqret stdin issues

Luke McCarthy lukem at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri Sep 16 00:12:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 16:45, Ronnie O wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am trying to pipe sequence data into seqret via a pipe with the following
> command:
>  ./seqret raw::stdin raw::stdout
>  and i am getting the following data piped back to my app via the error
> pipe:
>  Unable to read sequence 'raw::stdin raw::stdout'

For some reason, whatever mechanism you're using to run seqret thinks
"raw::stdin raw::stdout" is one argument.  Obviously it should be two
arguments.  In Perl, for example, this could happen if you tried
something like
	system "seqret", "raw::stdin raw::stdout";
instead of:
	system "seqret", "raw::stdin", "raw::stdout";
or
	system "seqret raw::stdin raw::stdout";

>From my command line, "seqret raw::stdin raw::stdout" works as I assume
you'd like it to.  How exactly are you calling seqret.  I mean, if
you're calling it from another script or program, can you include the
relevant code?

Cheers,

Luke