[EMBOSS] dbxfasta giving error in ajindex.c at line 541: Maximum retries (100) reached in btreeCacheFetch for page 0

Allen Smith easmith at beatrice.rutgers.edu
Mon Sep 12 05:25:37 UTC 2005

Hi. Attempting to do a dbxfasta index of the NCBI nr (FASTA-format) file is
giving the error:

   EMBOSS An error in ajindex.c at line 541:
Maximum retries (100) reached in btreeCacheFetch for page 0

I have tried PAGESIZE 2048 and CACHESIZE 200, also PAGESIZE 4096 with
CACHESIZE 100; same result. Also same result with either:

dbxfasta -dbname nr -dbresource fasta -idformat ncbi -directory /disk2/usr/EMBL -filenames nr -date 11/09/05 -fields id,acc,des -indexoutdir ~/lib/EMBOSS/data/indexes/nr

or

dbxfasta -dbname nr -dbresource fasta -idformat ncbi -directory /disk2/usr/EMBL -filenames nr -date 11/09/05 -indexoutdir ~/lib/EMBOSS/data/indexes/nr

The second is with emboss.default containing:

RES fasta [ type: Index
  idlen:  15
  acclen: 15
  svlen:  10
  deslen: 20
  orglen: 15
]
I'm running on SGI IRIX64 6.5.20m. configure was done with
--with-thread=irix --without-java --with-sgiabi --enable-large
--disable-static --disable-64 plus various options for --prefix et
al. dbxflat is currently running on sprot.dat and trembl.dat with no
problems so far.

	Thanks,

	-Allen

P.S. BTW, it is rather inconvenient how many places are hardwired to have
${prefix}/share/EMBOSS/ and do not pay attention to --datadir from
configure. Something to work on (I will if I ever get the time, although
that seems unlikely at the moment!)...

--
Allen Smith                       http://cesario.rutgers.edu/easmith/
February 1, 2003                               Space Shuttle Columbia