[EMBOSS] FTP Archive

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Oct 31 18:00:40 UTC 2005

Completely my fault.  For some reason the VSFTP daemon was not
configured to come up on reboot and we installed a new kernel
yesterday and bounced the box.

Now that the system is up, you need to use FTP in passive mode. This
works for me via the command line:

wget --passive ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/EMBOSS-3.0.0.tar.gz

The URL ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/EMBOSS-3.0.0.tar.gz also
works via Safari and Mozilla browsers

FYI emboss.open-bio.org will be changing its IP address within the
next 72 hours. I'll leave the old IP aliased for a bit to ensure a
smooth transition.

Regards,
Chris