[EMBOSS] Antwort: dbifasta and ncbi formats

David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE
Mon Oct 24 06:19:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

the ncbi format is not fully supported by emboss.
So you can only retrieve by the first acc (with version), not with gi and
in case of nr (several entries separated by Ctrl-A) the other accs are
also ignored.
You can format the ncbi fasta file with formatdb -o T and then specify
fastacmd as app in emboss.
In the adminguide is a short description about external access methods:
http://emboss.sourceforge.net/docs/adminguide/node4.html#SECTION00422150000000000000

Hope this helps,
David.