[EMBOSS] libpng problems on Solaris 8, png.h version versus png.c version

David Mathog mathog at mendel.bio.caltech.edu
Wed Nov 30 23:50:14 UTC 2005

> That error usually suggests that your libgd was compiled using an older
> version of PNG i.e. your current PNG is up to date but your GD isn't.

Yeah, I finally tracked it down to that.  Updated and rebuilt
freetype (to 2.1.10) and then gd (to 2.0.33).

Now trying to rebuild EMBOSS 3.0.0.  Unfortunately

  make clean

doesn't, leaving all sorts of .Plo and .Po files around.  After
deleting all of those manually it seemed to work and then blew up
in the jemboss build on an html requirement, of all things.

Also it seems not to have included any png stuff at all
this time.  png isn't present on the list of graphics devices
and I didn't see any -lgd or -lpng flashing by.

Other than downloading all of the source files from scratch
how does one obtain a completely clean rebuild???

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu