[EMBOSS] Seeking instructors for EMBOSS training

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 12:22:17 UTC 2005

Hi Kristen,

Dunn-Thomason, Kristen (NIH/CIT) wrote:

> I run a training program for the National Institutes of Health in
> Bethesda, MD, USA, and I'm trying to find a source of training for
> EMBOSS.  We'd like a class to cover:
>
> - the range of Emboss programs
>
> - general info about how to use, how to get help, inputs/outputs etc.
>
> - details about use of some common programs
>
> - a couple of more complex problems

As Jon Ison says, we're very happy to help, and the improved website will be
launched soon (same address as before).  We welcome any suggestions of content
to help anyone running courses.

We can even be available to teach (particularly developer courses, but also
for users) if someone funds our travel. Lisa and I were in the USA last year
for a course.

We can also help from afar - "more complex problems" are particularly
interesting - we would like to see examples of problems used in courses so
that we can try not to break them (for example, by providing a simple solution
:-) Similarly, we can include the simple examples in our QA testing to provide
notification if the inputs, options or results are changed in a new release.

Hope that helps a few folk out there,