[EMBOSS] emboss on redhat enterprise linux 64-bit

Tim Troup Tim.Troup at ed.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 10:45:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install emboss version 2.8.0 on a dual 64-bit xeon
processor machine running redhat enterprise linux. The reason I am
installing version 2.8.0 is because I wish to make emboss available
as a set of web services via soaplab (http://www.ebi.ac.uk/soaplab/)
and currently soaplab is tied to version 2.8.0 (http://www.ebi.ac.uk/
soaplab/ServiceSets.html).

I configured the install as follows:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/emboss --without-x --enable-64

then did make and make install with no obvious error messages.

However, when i try to run any of the apps from the command line I  get:

Segmentation fault

Anyone got any tips as to how to get emboss running on this kind of
set up?

Thanks, Tim