[EMBOSS] Help with fdnadist

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 08:12:59 UTC 2005

Vincent Deng wrote:

> I'd read this post<http://emboss.open-bio.org/pipermail/emboss/2005-October/002276.html>and
> run fdnadist with a bootstrapped dataset(boostrap for 100times). After
> running it, I could only find one data matrix in the output file of
> fdnadist. I guess that's because fdnadist only compute one set of the
> boostrapped data. Any help for this problem?

Yes ... there is a bug in EMBOSS 3.0.0 in reading multiple set of ailgnments
in phylip format. This only afects the phylipnew programs (no other program is
trying to read more than one alignment as input).

Removing the blank line between alignments fixes the problem.

This will be fixed in the next release. f you ru this kind of analysis often
we can provide a patch for EMBOSS 3.0.0

Hope that helps,