[EMBOSS] More on EMBOSS install on OS X: refuses to overwrite X11

Andres Pinzon andrespinzon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 03:14:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:23:21 -0500, Robin Colgrove
<robin at hms.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Many thanks to all who suggested fixes for an OS X emboss install.
> Not having time to mix and match, I tried them all. After a few failed
> attempts to try them one by one.

Robin, what happened when you tried to configure EMBOSS with the
"--without-x" option? What error did you get?
Did you also tried to install the devel packages?
I had exactly the same problem (in a Linux box) and that was the way i
fixed it. Now my EMBOSS installation runs ok, with wEMBOSS and
EMBOSS::GUI.
--
---------
Andrés Pinzón [http://www.andrespinzon.com]