[EMBOSS] Data Lib sizes and indexing progs

Aengus Stewart aengus.stewart at cancer.org.uk
Tue Jun 21 15:16:41 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

Just wondering how the new indexing methods were coming on.

Its just I had a look at the most recent EMBL release and its (give or take the odd gig)AND INDEXING PROGS 250Gb which means to have the head room to hold a copy while installing a new copy requires >500Gb.

Any info on how the new indexing will work and will it still have to run off uncompressed .dat files or will it produce its own index format?

Sorry about the questions, its just I am rushing around the filesystem deleting anything that may appear to be "deleteable" to scrounge enough space :-)

Regards
Aengus

Aengus Stewart
Group Leader
Bioinformatics at CGAL                            Tel: +44 (0)20 7269 3679
Cancer Research UK, Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3PX, UK

This electronic message contains information  which may be privileged and
confidential.  The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic
message in error, please notify me by telephone or email (to the number
or address above) immediately.