[EMBOSS] Installing EMBOSS on a Rocks linux

Kimmo Mattila kkmattil at csc.fi
Mon Jun 20 11:50:46 UTC 2005

Hi

I would like to ask, if anyone of you have managed to install EMBOSS on a
linux cluster running Rocks linux.  When I tried to install EMBOSS to our
Rocks cluster, the standard installation procedure went through without
error messages, but when I try to start an EMBOSS application,  I get an
error message:

   wossname

   Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Google search about this topic revealed that some one else have had
similar problems with Rocks too, but I was not able to find any potential
solution. However, EMBOSS is available in Rocks based BioBrew linux
distribution.

So, any hints about how to install EMBOSS in a Rocks cluster would be
welcome.

Regards,

Kimmo Mattila

Kimmo Mattila, sovellusasiantuntija, Bioinformatiikan palvelut, CSC
PL 405 02101 Espoo, puh 09 457 2708 , fax (09) 457 2302
CSC on tieteen tietotekniikan keskus, www.csc.fi, s-posti:
kimmo.mattila at csc.fi

Kimmo Mattila, application scientist, Bioinformatics Support, CSC
P.O. Box 405 02101 Espoo, Finland, tel +358 9 4572708, fax +358 9 4572302
CSC is the Finnish IT Center for Science, www.csc.fi, e-mail:
kimmo.mattila at csc.fi