Antwort: Re: [EMBOSS] use water/matcher to find where RNA bybridizes

David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE
Fri Jun 3 06:37:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

I use the Vienna RNA package.
It allows to look for global structure of the complete RNA (RNAfold) or
local structures (RNALfold).
The global folding accepts also longer sequences (as far as I remember this
was a problem with Mfold).
Visualization is a bit tricky. But there are helper scripts to convert the
output to .ct files (b2ct) which can be used to create
different graphical representations.

Regards,
David.

RNA folding is a missing area in EMBOSS. The Vienna package has been
suggested as a possible EMBASSY package. Does anyone have any experience
with it, or suggestions for alternative RNA packages we could use?