[EMBOSS] EMBOSS GUI problems

Andrew.Mather at dpi.vic.gov.au Andrew.Mather at dpi.vic.gov.au
Sat Jul 30 11:30:47 UTC 2005

Hi Luke and EMBOSS list

I've installed the EMBOSS GUI and for the most part, it's working pretty
well.

However for some apps (mainly seems to be alignment type ones like water,
needle, emma, but that may just be because I've tried more of them than
any others), it always fails

Error: Unable to read sequence '&#39
Died: water terminated: Bad value for &#39-asequence&#39 with -auto
defined
water exited with status 1...

or in the /var/www/html/EMBOSS/runs/ error log,

Error: Unable to read sequence ''
Died: water terminated: Bad value for '-asequence' with -auto defined
water exited with status 1...

It doesn't seem to matter if it's sequence data pasted in, or uploaded
from a file.

Some apps work fine, so  I'm guessing it's not a fundamental problem like
permissions on a temp directory or something.

Are you able to point me at where to start lookng ?

Thanks,
Andrew

Animal Genetics and Genomics, PIRVic Attwood
475 Mickleham Road, Attwood, 3049
ph +61 3 92174342
mob  0413 009 761