[EMBOSS] acd file problem

Scott Hazelhurst scott at cs.wits.ac.za
Thu Feb 3 16:15:43 UTC 2005

I have had problems getting a number of the embassy-type applications
to run, either through jemboss or from the command line. I have
tracked the problem down to:

Error: File /usr/local/emboss/share/EMBOSS/acd/ednaml.acd line 1: (ednaml) Attribute 'embassy' unknown

It complains about this entry in the acd file

application: ednaml [
  documentation: "Estimates phylogenies from nucleic acid
                  sequence Maximum Likelihood"
  groups: "Phylogeny:Molecular sequence"
  gui: "yes"
  batch: "yes"
  cpu: "high"
  embassy: "phylip"
]

If I delete the 'embassy: "phylip"' line, it seems to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Scott