[EMBOSS] Emma in EMBOSS Explorer

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Tue Aug 23 12:56:13 UTC 2005

+----[ Ryan Golhar <golharam at umdnj.edu> (22.Aug.2005 18:17):

| In EMBOSS Explorer, using EMMA, one of the options under Slow align
| options is "Do you want to carry out slow or fast pairwise alignment?
| The options available is "Yes/No".  Shouldn't that be slow/fast?

+----]

In my particular view or reading of the meaning of the
question I would say that if the question was "What kind (or
speed) of pairwise alignment do you want?" then the options
could be "Slow/Fast".

But the question is just asking you to say Yes or No to
whether you want something (a slow or fast alignment) or
not.

Anyway, EMMA is just a wrapper around clustalw. And that
option comes from good ol' clustalw. So if you want it
changed, I guess you have to bug the original authors

But in the end (and apologies in advance since I know this
is foreign to the EMBOSS culture/tradition), it doesn't really
matter what colour we paint the bikeshed:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/misc.html#BIKESHED-PAINTING

Fernan