[EMBOSS] transfac site.dat ftp address

Guy Bottu gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be
Fri Aug 19 13:16:38 UTC 2005

The file in the ftp server of the EBI is the last one that you could
download just like that. If you like I can send you a copy of the site.dat
version 4.0, less old but still from march 2000. This was the last
academic users could get after signing a licence. In the mean time the ftp
site has vanished and I do not think they will mind that I send you a
copy, since it is still a very old file. The up-to-date version of
TRANSFAC is only available against payment and not in the format suitable
for standard EMBOSS and SRS.

	Regards,
	Guy Bottu,
	Belgian EMBnet Node