[EMBOSS] primer3_core

Paul Baumgartner Paul.Baumgartner at unibas.ch
Tue Sep 14 16:30:08 UTC 2004

I removed (#LIBOPTS ='-static') from the Makefile and the compiler
generated primer3_core, cp to /sw/bin and run eprimer3 :
works for stdout
but outputfiles :
Output file [hsfau.eprimer3]:
Error: Unable to open file 'hsfau.eprimer3' for output
Output file [hsfau.eprimer3]: prim.txt
Error: Unable to open file 'prim.txt' for output
Died: eprimer3 terminated: Bad value for '-outfile' and no more retries

what commands are used for fink (the archive primer3_1.0.0.tar I have
here)?

I installed emboss 2.8.0 by fink commander, but it seems that the
component primer3_core is missing

thanks

On 14.09.2004, at 17:19, Jason Stajich wrote:

> Try removing the the '-static' from the makefile.
>
> This is final stmt to build primer3_core that works for me on OSX.
>
> gcc  -o primer3_core primer3_main.o oligotm.o dpal_primer.o
> format_output.o boulder_input.o  -lm
>
> fink can build primer3 just fine so you may try that. There is also a
> fink emboss pkg too.
> -jason
>
> On Sep 14, 2004, at 9:04 AM, Paul Baumgartner wrote:
>
>> locate file for: -lcrt0.o
> --
> Jason Stajich
> Duke University