[EMBOSS] Sequence format problem

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 3 13:34:16 UTC 2004

Hi Aengus,

> Had a user complain that his sequence wasnt being recognised.
>
> It was a GCG format sequence.
>
> The error was
>
> Died: Unknown sequence type code for 'u'
>
> There were no 'u's in the sequence!
>
> After a bit of fiddling I discovered it was the * at the end of the
> sequence.
>
> I believe that the * appeared in GCG format sequences when a traslation
> was incomplete.

Oops. It should be automatically converted to 'n' (for nucleotide) or 'x'
for protein.

I am currently going through all the sequence input types and formats,
cleaning up a few issues that have been raised. Now would be a good time
to send (to emboss-bug at embnet.org) any other oddities anyone may have
noticed.