[EMBOSS] emboss on amd64

luisa pugliese luisa.pugliese at safan-bioinformatics.it
Wed May 19 12:59:49 UTC 2004

Hi all,
   I would like to run EMBOSS on an AMD64 processor with mandrake 9.2 for amd64. I downloaded the rpm distributions for EMBOSS2.8 and libEMBOSS2.8 and I installed them. However when I try to run the emboss programs (I tryed water and needle) I get a segmentation fault. I saw that in your tutorial there is something about 64-bit machines configuration, but the details are present only for Irix. I wonder if you could be so kind to help me in finding what could be the problem.a
I also downloaded the tar file from the emboss web site, I compiled it and I get the same error.
I wonder if anybody knows and is so kind to let me know what should I do in order to get EMBOSS running on the AMD64.
Best regards
Luisa

Luisa Pugliese, Ph.D.
luisa.pugliese at safan-bioinformatics.it
S.A.F.AN. BIOINFORMATICS
Corso Tazzoli 215/13 -10137 Torino - ITALY
tel +39 011 3026230
cell. +39 333 6130644