[EMBOSS] EMBOSS mailing list archive final resting place

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 18 09:24:53 UTC 2004

Derek Gatherer wrote:

> When RFCGR finally sadly closes next year, will there still be this
> mailing list?  and will the archives of the list be preserved in the new
> sourceforge site?  I think that the list archives are an invaluable
> resource for problem solving, and in fact I often consult them to remind
> myself of the answers to questions I previously asked.  Even if there's
> no active list, it would be good to keep the archive for reference.

Yes, the list will continue and will be active (assuming of course
everyone keeps posting to it :-).

One reason for using the embnet.org address was to keep the list going
if EMBOSS moved (as it did, from Sanger to HGMP/RFCGR in July 2000).

Sourceforge does provide an alternative for mailing lists - and we do
use it already for tracking bug and feature requests.

The list archives will be preserved and maintained - after all, we use
them too!