[EMBOSS] rformat option epestfind missing

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 18 08:29:13 UTC 2004

Marc Logghe wrote:
> Just wanted to mention that the rformat option is 'missing' for epestfind. Al least I expected to have it there; I mean I have the impression as soon as an EMBOSS application returns 'regions' you may obtain them as features via the rformat opton. No  ?

rformat is available for any application that has a "report" output.

You are right - the "outfile" in epestfind should be a report.

The problem is that the original program had its own output format - but
all we need to do is add a new rformat as the default. Then you would be
able to use -rformat to get a feature file.

I will take a look.