[EMBOSS] Problem with indexing of large files and seqret

Wells, Isabelle {PRBI~Basel} isabelle.wells at Roche.COM
Mon Mar 8 09:06:04 UTC 2004

Hello all,

We have installed the emboss package 2.8.0 on both IRIX and Linux (64
bit) machines.  I have installed several databases, one of which is the
incremental updates of EMBL which we cumulate in a flat file now larger
than 2 GB. This database was successfully indexed using dbiflat, but we
have the problem that seqret either is enable to read a sequence and
dies or goes to a segmentation fault, depending on the position of the
sequence to read.

I saw in the mailing list archives that this problem was already
mentioned in 2002, but is there now a way to solve it without splitting
the large flat file?

Thanks for your help,
Isabelle Wells

      o-o         Isabelle Wells, Ph. D.