[EMBOSS] OS X transeq Error

Stephen Rogers srogers at itsa.ucsf.edu
Wed Jun 16 23:31:29 UTC 2004

I am in the process of learning to use Emboss and have encountered an
annoying problem.  If I use transeq or prettyseq to translate a long (6
kB) sequence, both programs delete a single base pair from my input
sequence around bp 2040, causing a frameshift.  I have not observed
this problem with smaller sequences.

I am running Emboss 2.8.0-2 on a Powerbook OS X.3.3 and the
installation was performed using Fink.  Can anyone on the list shed
some light on this problem?  Am I limited to dealing with sequences of
a certain length when using Emboss?  Thanks for any help!
______________________________
Stephen Rogers
University of California, San Francisco
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
N316 Genentech Hall
600 16th Street
San Francisco, CA  94107
tel: 415.476.8712