[EMBOSS] Problem with emboss

Iain Drummond idrummon at receptor.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 22 13:11:56 UTC 2004

you might need to install the libraries themselves if they are not in
/usr/local/lib or something like that. look at the library requirements for
emboss:

http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Doc/Admin_guide/adminguide/node3.h
tml#SECTION00330000000000000000

Also try looking at your login profile and be sure that you have defined the
environmental variables that tells emboss where to find the library:

i'm using tcsh on mac os x

setenv PLPLOT_LIB "/usr/local/lib"

its different for other unix shells

it is also suggested to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable in
your login file.

one of these steps might help.

good luck
--