[EMBOSS] stretches of nucleotides/aa

peter robinson Peter.Robinson at t-online.de
Sun Jan 18 17:44:45 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am interested in looking for all strecthes of any of the nucleotides longer
that a certain minimum (say 10) in a sequence and having the program report
back all hits including actual length and location within the sequence.

While there are several EMBOSS programs that could be set up to do something
like this for each nucleotide at a time (eg fuzznuc), I was wondering if
there is any program that could do this for all characters at once, or
failing that, if anyone has any suggestions as to which EMBOSS program might
be a suitable candidate for modification to this purpose?

Thanks