[EMBOSS] dotmatcher in a script

Bassi, Sebastian sebastian.bassi at ar.advantaseeds.com
Fri Jan 2 14:42:26 UTC 2004

Hello,

According to the dotmatcher help, "This program is intended to be used by everyone and everything, from naive users to embedded scripts.". But I found something that annoys my scripts. When I run it I get a prompt for "Display as data" that I don't see a way to get rid of it. What I want is to have a quiet (silence, NO verbose) output. Is there a way to do it without changing the source code?

Example:

[sbassi at BlastServer html]$ dotmatcher -sequencea at5g32 -sequenceb 230 -graph png
Displays a thresholded dotplot of two sequences
Display as data [N]:
Created dotmatcher.1.png

This time sending the output to /dev/null:

[sbassi at BlastServer html]$ dotmatcher -sequencea at5g32 -sequenceb 230 -graph png > /dev/null
Displays a thresholded dotplot of two sequences
Display as data [N]:
[sbassi at BlastServer html]$

Sebastian Bassi.
Advanta Seeds. Balcarce Research Station.