[EMBOSS] Fetching PDB entries

Dr J.C. Ison jison at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Dec 7 13:24:31 UTC 2004

Hi Stefanie

The short answer is "not at the moment but hopefully for the next (2005) release".

All the underlying code for correctly parsing the PDB format is there but this
isn't yet reflected in ACD file handling and the command line.  I'm planning on
the equivalent of a USA (uniform sequence address) for structures, which would
support all retrieval modes, e.g. over web, and a "structure" ACD type.  Beyond
that it depends what you wanted to do with the PDB file.

The above applies to SCOP & CATH too.

Please let me know what you need and I'll try and accommodate ...

Cheers

Jon

--
Jon C. Ison, PhD