[EMBOSS] Compiling options

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 20:45:51 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'd like to know if the the X lib path you pass as a compiling option,
are used at compile time or at run time.
The answer to this question will be used to include EMBOSS in DNALinux
with graphical support. EMBOSS 2.8.0 is already included in DNALinux,
but without graphical support.
Since is a liveCD, the compiling enviroment is different from the
enviroment that it runs.
So the question is: Wich X path should I pass when compiling? The
compiling system path or the running path?

Here are the path I am talking about:

To get X-windows based output you must have X installed, or else
PLplot will not build the required driver. You may need to specify the
location of your X-windows library with the configuration options:
-x-includes=DIR (X include files are in DIR) -x-libraries=DIR (X
library files are in DIR)