[EMBOSS] workflows/emboss

a.garcia at imb.uq.edu.au a.garcia at imb.uq.edu.au
Mon Apr 5 14:37:59 UTC 2004

We would like to present G-PIPE; is a tool for building
work flows. It wraps analysis methods available in EMBOSS
(all of them). G-PIPE is built on top of PISE; including
new analysis methods is possible. Once the user defines
the work flow he/she can monitor its execution. It is
possible to dispatch jobs over different servers. The work
flows once defined are stored as an XML file that can
later be loaded and replicated. G-PIPE is now installed in
a better server, we have tested it running some analysis
work flows, so far so good.
 http://130.102.113.135/gpipe.htm

In order to access GPIPE JAVA must be enabled; the user is
presented with two frames, one on which a menu with
different methods is presented, and another frame where
the corresponding GUI for the selected analysis method is
displayed. The user selects the first analysis method,
decides which is the next step in the work flow, selects
this next step and so on. A more detailed (not as much as
we would like to offer) description of the process to
build and share a work flow is available together with an
example of a work flow at http://130.102.113.135/gpipe.htm
the tool is available at
 http://kun.homelinux.com/Pise/5.a/gpipe.html

Gpipe exports the workflows as XML files and also as perl
scripts. If the user wants it is possible to load, run
 and modify the scripts using a command line interface.
G-PIPE uses BioPerl.  We advise those who are interested
to read the few documentation available and run the
example we provide. Thanks in advance.