[EMBOSS] X11 display

Jean-Christophe AME ame at esbs.u-strasbg.fr
Tue Sep 23 08:46:17 UTC 2003

Hello,
Developer release 2 of X11 for mac OSX works well. However, it seems
strange that the EMBOSS package is the only program that doesn't work
with X11 DR3. All the other softwares that required X11 worked very
well.
Jean-Christophe

Le lundi, 22 sep 2003, à 20:42 Europe/Paris, Thomas Keller a écrit :

> I'll bet Richard Grant's not to Derek is apropos! ;-)
>  - X11 on MacOsX is effectively broken w.r.t. EMBOSS.  You could
> try installing Xfree86 4.3, or waiting for Panther ;)
> Richard P. Grant
> http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/rpg/
>
> On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 11:35  AM, Thomas Keller wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>> I'm using EMBOSS over an ssh connection to a Sun box, I'm on a Mac OS
>> X machine running X11.
>> I get the folllowing error with abiview.
>> ~/data/dseq% 79->abiview
>> Reads ABI file and display the trace
>> Input file: test.abi
>> Output sequence [test.fasta]:
>> Graph type [x11]:
>> Error in XCreatePixmap: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window
>> parameter).
>>
>> Suggestions appreciated.
>> Thanks,
>> Tom K.
>> Tom Keller, Ph.D.
>> http://www.ohsu.edu/core
>> kellert at ohsu.edu
>> 503-494-2442

________________________
Jean-Christophe Amé, PhD
U.P.R. 9003 du CNRS - Cancérogénèse et Mutagénèse Moléculaire et
Structurale
École Supérieure de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg
Pôle API
Parc d'innovation, Boulevard Sébastien Brant
BP 10413
67412 ILLKIRCH CEDEX
France

tel.: 33 3 90 24 47 05