[EMBOSS] Plplot

Kimmo Mattila kkmattil at csc.fi
Mon Sep 22 14:58:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Derek Gatherer wrote:

Hi

We had this problem once too and our Windows support managed to solve
this by changing the colour settings of Hummingbird/Exceed server program
in windows 2000. If I remember correctly, the trick was to use
"pseudocolour" in stead of the default value.

Regards,

Kimmo Mattila

> I'm actually using a Windows 2000 PC running Hummingbird/Exceed to log into
> a Tru64 server.  Maybe the problem extends to Windows as well?
>
> Since my last post, I saw there was one line in the manual:
>
> "You may need to specify the location of your X-windows library with the
> configuration options: -x-includes=DIR (X include files are in DIR)
> -x-libraries=DIR (X library files are in DIR)"
>
> Perhaps this is what is wrong.  Does anybody have any example settings for
> this?  I thought perhaps 'usr/lib/X11' and '/usr/include/X11'??
>
> Cheers and thanks again
> Derek
>

> At 15:16 22/09/2003 +0100, rpg at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> >Hi Derek - X11 on MacOsX is effectively broken w.r.t. EMBOSS.  You could
> >try installing Xfree86 4.3, or waiting for Panther ;)

> >--
> >Richard P. Grant               http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/rpg/
> >MRC-LMB, Cambridge, UK
> >PGP:  0x5F9559B1               weblog: http://www.rg-d.com/BioLOG/

Kimmo Mattila, tutkija, Biolääketieteen laitos / Biokemia
PL 63, 00014 Helsingin yliopisto.
Puh. 09 191 25409

Kimmo Mattila, researcher, Institute of Biomedicine, Biochemistry
P.O. BOX  63, 00014 University of Helsinki. Finland
Tel. +358 9 191 25409