[EMBOSS] question EMBOSS-GUI

yann-francois.bizouerne at bayercropscience.com yann-francois.bizouerne at bayercropscience.com
Fri Oct 24 11:10:56 UTC 2003

Hello,

I don't know if you could help me with the little problem I have.

I have installed your EMBOSS-GUI application on our server a few month ago. And
it works great.
Since I have installed SRS on our servern. I have mofified the emboss.default in
order to use to the SRS indexes.
Now it looks like :

       DB TREMBL [
       methodquery: srs
       format: SWISS
       type: P
       comment: "TREMBL (SPTREMBL + TREMBLNEW) using SRS"
       app: getz
       dbalias: TREMBL
       methodall: direct
       file: "trembl.dat"
       dir: $emboss_data_dir/swall
       ]

         And that works quitr well on command line, when I need to retrieve a sequence with seqret for example.
         But if I am using the EMBOSS-GUI interface I just obtain the following errror message:

            EMBOSS An error in ajfile.c at line 145: execvp ('getz -e '[TREMBL-id:Q977L9]'', NULL) failed: 'No such file or directory' Error:
            Unable to read sequence 'TREMBL-id:Q977L9' Died: seqret terminated: Bad value for '-sequence' with -auto defined seqret exited with
            status 1...

        Do you have a clue for the problem ?

        Thanks in advance

        Best regards.