[EMBOSS] question about index refseq database

Jean Mao maoj at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 23 20:44:23 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have the following 2 files for refseq nucleotide and protein databases
from NCBI:
rscu.gbff.Z	GenBank flatfile view (nucleotide sequence with annotations)
	rscu.gnp.Z	GenPept flatfile view (protein sequence with annotations)

When I run dbiflat, should I enter GB or REFSEQ when prompt 'Entry format'?

Also, in the .embossrc file, is the following entry correct (method=emblcd
and format=genbank)?
DB refseqnt [ type: N method: emblcd format: genbank dir:
$emboss_db_dir/refseqnt indexdir: $emboss_db_dir/refseqnt file: "*.gbff"
release: "1.0" comment: "update 23/Oct/03" ]

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Jean