creation of new output fasta format

yann-francois.bizouerne at bayercropscience.com yann-francois.bizouerne at bayercropscience.com
Thu May 22 14:26:36 UTC 2003

Hello,

Fisrt thanks a lot for your quick response to my last mail.

Now, I am trying to create a new fasta format. The format I want to obtain : >
dbname:id |accession|organism|description
By the way I create a new function in the ajseqwrite.c (seqWriteNewFasta). I
have select the diffrent informations I want to retrieve by using the examples
of others functions.
It is working quite well. Except for the Pir and Nrl_3D databases.
Indeed for these databases, I have no database name and no organism (taxon)

 /** Database name **/
 if (ajStrLen(outseq->Db))
    (void) ajFmtPrintF (outseq->File, ">%S:", outseq->Db);
  else if (ajStrLen(outseq->Setdb))
    (void) ajFmtPrintF (outseq->File, ">%S:", outseq->Setdb);
  else
    (void) ajFmtPrintF (outseq->File, ">unk:");

 /** Organism **/
  if (ajStrLen(outseq->Tax))
    (void) ajFmtPrintF (outseq->File, "%S|", outseq->Tax);

I try to find some information about NBRF format in EMboss and the way to use
it, but I could find nothing.
Do you have a clue for me ?

Best regards

Yann-François BIZOUERNE