=?ISO-8859-1?B?vw==?=EMBOSS first release?

David Martin d.m.a.martin at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 15:14:40 UTC 2003

On 20/3/03 3:05 pm, "Lisa Mullan" <lmullan at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:

> As far as I know it was St. Swithans Day (15th July) 2000 - that's what I
> tell people on the courses, so unless Alan was drunk when he told
> me................!!

Well I would have been as that was my birthday.. That was release 1.0.0
AFAIR.
0.0.4 was floating around for at least a year before that (and earlier
incarnations before that).

The first useable production release is a more subjective question..
probably about christmas 1999.

The changes were flying thick and fast back then.. 2 or three updates a
week.

..d

--
David Martin PhD