I have an accession number, can I extract genbank information from an on-line database?

Thomas Siegmund siegmund at develogen.com
Wed Mar 12 11:28:25 UTC 2003

Hi Burke,

if you have blast databases in house, you can use fastacmd (comes with blast)
to extract single sequences in fasta format from the binary database.

With a emboss.default like this you can access the blast database in EMBOSS:

DB nt [
 methodentry: app
 app: "fastacmd  -d/data/blast/data/nt -s%s"
 type: N
 format: fasta
 comment: "nt - non redundant nucleotide sequences"
]

Regards
Thomas

--