problems with indexing refseq

David Martin d.m.a.martin at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 17:04:55 UTC 2003

I am getting strange behaviour with refseq.

When indexing the genbank format cumulative files (rscu.gbff) with dbiflat
-idformat GB I get an index that returns the wrong sequences.

eg attempting to retrieve NM_060207 instead retrieves NM_131801 which is a
totally different sequence entry.
Attempting to retrieve NM131801 gives NM_165909.

Any thoughts on how to debug this effect. entret -debug indicates that the
right entry is found in the index but the entry read is incorrect.

..d

--
David Martin PhD
Bioinformatics Scientific Officer