automake after adding local code

José R. Valverde jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es
Tue Jun 24 06:52:30 UTC 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:40:27 +0100
Derek Gatherer <d.gatherer at vir.gla.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have installed 2.7.1 on a Tru64 into a directory EMBOSS.  I have added
> locally written code to the EMBOSS/emboss/ directory.  Then I modified
> EMBOSS/emboss/Makefile.am as described on
> http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Doc/Develop/program.html section 3.
>
> I then ran automake from the EMBOSS directory.  The message "required file:
> ./ltconfig not found" appeared, but Makefile.in seemed to be created in the
> right place.  I then ran ./configure as usual, which was fine, various
> Makefiles were produced, and ./make.

One of two: either you didn't run "automake -a" (or --add-missing) or you
have an inadequate config environment.

You need to update your build tools. The error appears because you either don't
have GNU libtool installed or it is an old version. I'd advise to sync all
the "config" tools by updating them to the latest version (automake, autoconf,
libtool...).

	These opinions are mine and only mine. Hey man, I saw them first!

			    José R. Valverde

	De nada sirve la Inteligencia Artificial cuando falta la Natural