How to use ajListPeek

Carole Louis gtps5 at gtptech.com
Tue Jun 17 14:12:02 UTC 2003

OK. I'm using EMBOSS 2.6.0 and I think that is why I have some problems
with ajListPeeK data type.
Thanks

Le mar 17/06/2003 à 15:55, Peter Rice a écrit :

    Carole Louis wrote:
    > I am programming in Emboss and it seems to be cool but I have a problem.
    > I do not know why but I can not use the data type "ajListPeek". It is
    > strange because I can use ajListPop (but that is not what I want). Is
    > there a problem with this data type ?

    ajListPeek should be fine. It is in the latest 2.7.1 EMBOSS release.

    ajListPeek and ajListstrPeek are both used in processing ACD files.

    You do need to be careful if you are copying ajListPop code - do not
    delete the list data if you only Peek because the real copy is on the
    list. You only clean up after you Pop it from the list.

    > Moreover, I notice on the internet, at the adress
    > http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Doc/Data/ajlist.html that
    > there is the word "ajListstrPop" instead of the word "ajListstrPeek".

    Hmmm ... we need to update the ajlist.html file then. The source code
    documentation (used to build the ajlist.html file) is correct.

    Hope this helps,