emboss binaries for windows

voltigeur at worldonline.ch voltigeur at worldonline.ch
Thu Jun 12 14:55:51 UTC 2003

>You could try using "strip" on the binaries or do the equivalent with
>a gcc command line option.

>What you're seeing is a feature of gcc, that symbols are included by
>default.  I don't think it's Cygwin's fault.

I had a quick look at the cygwin FAQ and you're right.
But differences remain. I've performed the same installation
under linux and the programs are barely 100 Ko. The compilation
is also much longer (it took about 1 hour under windows while
only 15 minutes under linux red hat 9.0, on the same computer).

Olivier Martin