Antwort: about charge

David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE
Tue Jun 10 06:49:44 UTC 2003

Hello Han,

charge uses the column "charge" from the datafile Eamino.dat (in a default
setup it is in /usr/local/share/EMBOSS/data/).
It gives D and E a charge of -1, K and R +1, H +0.5.
Then it calculates the mean charge with across -window (default ist 5).

Hope this helps,
David.

                      "hanyj"
                      <hanyj at genomics.
                      org.cn>                  An:      <emboss at embnet.org>
                      Gesendet von:            Kopie:
                      owner-emboss at hgm         Thema:   about charge
                      p.mrc.ac.uk

                      10.06.03 08:02

Dear Sir,

I just used the program "charge". It worked well, but I did not know what
the values' meanings were. For example, 0.10 or -0.10 ?

Could you tell my ASAP, it is very important for me.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Han yujun

BGI, China