error in Jemboss authentication

Martin Petersen martin.petersen at id.unibe.ch
Fri Jun 6 05:00:51 UTC 2003

Dear Jemboss experts

I have a problem installing the Jemboss application with authentication. Every
time, Jemboss wants to start a program on the server, it waits 30 seconds and
gives back the message "authentication failed / Login to server failed /
Please check your login details". The failure arrives with both shadow and
PAM authentication. I use EMBOSS 2.6.0 and 2.7.1 on a SUSE Linux 8.2 machine.

The method, that waits 30 seconds and gives back a false is Ajax.userAuth(),
defined probably in the ajax/ajjava.c file. It seems like Ajax calls
something that hangs, and after 30 seconds it stoppes it and gives back a
"false". So perhaps I miss a file or I have a wrong version installed. The
thing is, I really have no idea, where I have to search.

So has anyone of you encountered this problem, too? Does anyone know where my
problem could be founded? Or are there running Jemboss installations, where I
could get a exact installation script?

I packed some configuration files and installation description in the file:
http://ubecx.unibe.ch/~petersen/help-jemboss.zip

Regards,
Martin Petersen

Martin Petersen
Computer Service Dept. - University of Berne
martin.petersen at id.unibe.ch