EMBOSS release 2.7.*

Jack Leunissen Jack.Leunissen at wur.nl
Wed Jun 4 22:53:52 UTC 2003

Dear EMBOSS team,

I noticed that there is a change in input parameter for a single sequence in
programs
like dot*, water etc. which breaks their functioning in SRS, as it will do
in many sequence
handling scripts. The "Changelog" isn't all the clear about this too.

There may be other new undiscovered "features" as well that I didn't see yet
- and don't
have the time to find out be trial and error. For the time being I see no
other option than
to reinstall EMBOSS 2.6.0 again to retain full functionality :-((

It would be nice if these things would be communicated more clearly well in
advance of
a new major release, and if there would be some form of downward
compatibility to the
"old" way of sequence specification.

Regards,
Jack