Problems compiling on MacOS X

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 21:51:18 UTC 2003

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 01:10  PM, Bryan Gibbon wrote:

> Hello,
> I am having trouble getting any recent version of EMBOSS to compile on
> MacOS
> X.2.6 (no problem for me on redhat). I am using the Dec 2002 developer
> tools
> package. I have also tried downloading and installing the most recent
> versions of GNU make and m4 as suggested on the EMBOSS website.

Bryan,

Try installing EMBOSS through the fink system (fink.sf.net). After
installing fink, just type 'fink install emboss'. This will take care
of downloading, compiling, and installing all necessary packages. Note
that from a fresh fink EMBOSS 2.6.0 will be installed. Version 2.7.1 is
available, but only as a so-called 'unstable' package. See the fink
docs how to enable the unstable packages. After that, again type 'fink
install emboss'.

Good luck,

- Koen.