question about emboss logging

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 14:43:00 UTC 2003

Jean Mao wrote:
> Hi, the default logging info contains 3 fields: program user time/date
>
> Is there a way to modify the logging system so that other info can be
> recorded such as CPU time, machine name etc.?  Thanks.

It is easy to do ...

Would it be useful?

What information would you like?

For example, we can put a header on the first record of the log file to
say what information is required in each column, and log that way.

Or we could make the logfile syntax more complicated - but we do not try
to lock the file so there may be a few merged records in a very large
file. For statistics they are not a problem.