acd files

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 15 10:11:50 UTC 2003

Derek Gatherer wrote:
> So would that allow eg. a Perl script to be called? (I ask because I
> have many old Perl scripts of varying degrees of usefulness, but I am
> now required to provide tools within an EMBOSS-centric department).

Anything could be called with a system call, and the C wrapper can be
very brief.

There was also a Perl ACD wrapper from Peter Ernst, and here at EBI we
have Martin Senger's SoapLab which uses ACD definitions for third party
programs and generated a SOAP interface - without any EMBOSS C code, but
the results can only be used in SoapLab if you don't write the EMBOSS C
part :-)

Hmmmm ... time to update the list of EMBOSS wrappers on the web pages
perhaps?