tfscan

Michael Black mbb8n at virginia.edu
Thu Jul 10 17:39:58 UTC 2003

It was my understanding that as of a year or so ago (or two now ? I
can't remember when the notice came out), there is no such thing as a
freely downloadable TRANSFAC database.  If you want the latest version,
you must pay for it, through BioBase Corporation or their US
distributors, Cognia Corp.  Of course, there are free web portals to
BioBase's products (www.gene-regulation.com), just no free downloads
for local use.

If I'm wrong, someone will hopefully post a URL or FTP address, but I
remember getting an email a long time ago from BioBase, when they took
over the database, that it would no longer be freely distributed.

Cheers, Michael
Michael B. Black, Ph.D.
Molecular Biology Computing Support
Univ. of Virginia, ITC-ACHS